|Identification Numbers||Getty ID||―|
|Country, Bundesstaat||Mexiko, Chiapas (MX-CHP)|
16.117476 N, -92.532619 E|
»» UTM / MGRS
|Number of Inscriptions|
|After Morley (1948)||―|
|After Riese (1976)||―|
A Maya site originally located at the Grijalva River, Chiapas – now flooded by the Angostura Dam. In 1972 Jordi Gussinyer recovered and documented a carved altar with a band of eroded hieroglyphic blocks. „At Chapatengo, a ballcourt built with very carefully cut limestone had a marker at the center of its playing field. It is a limestone disk, 79 cm in diameter and 26 cm thick, carved on one face. The design consists of an 11 cm wide glyph band circling the edge of the stone. The center design, if it existed, has been oblitered by erosion“ (Agrinier 1991:192) [Information provided by Karl Herbert Mayer and Eric Taladoire, January 2016].